|Emporia Public Library cards are free to all Kansas residents with proof of current residency (see Circulation Policy for details). Patrons age 17 and under will be required to obtain the signature of a parent or legal guardian to obtain a card. Parents/legal guardians are responsible for the materials checked out on their child's card and the information accessed on computer workstations.
Always bring your library card when coming to the library! With your card, you can check out books such as graphic novels, novels, nonfiction, biographies, and book club books, as well as children's and young adult books. You can also check out DVDs, and music and use our public computers. All of this is free with a library card!
Click here to view our entire Circulation Policy.
How to Keep Your Library Account in Good Standing:
- Keep your check-out receipt in a handy place.
- Return materials by close of business on the due date.
- Review your account online (requires card number and your Password).
- Return materials on time to avoid overdue fines.
- Use our 24-hour book drop.
- Renew items
- By phone at (620) 340-6462
- Online at www.emporialibrary.org through the catalog
- Keep the library informed of address or phone number changes so that you will continue to receive reminders promptly.
- Contact the library as soon as overdue notices are received.
- Keep track of your account. If you find any errors, let the library know immediately.
State Library of Kansas eCard
Kansas Library eCard provides access to some online resources. With a valid ID, any Kansas resident may obtain the eCard at the Public Services Desk. The card is good for three years, and then it must be renewed.
The following resources are a sample of what is accessible with the Kansas Library eCard: