Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service offered by Emporia Public LIbrary to obtain materials that are not owned by EPL but are available in other libraries. Any patron can use ILL if he or she has a current library card in good standing (fines must be under $5).
We ask that you limit your requests to five (5) at a time. If you submit more please indicate which items you would like us to order first. We will not interlibrary loan items EPL already owns unless it is 1 month or more overdue, or if after a search it cannot be found on our shelves.
Click here to view our Interlibrary Loan Frequently Asked Questions.
How to Submit an Interlibrary Loan Request:
Did you check the Online Catalog to see if EPL already owns this item?
You have several options to submit a ILL request:
- In person: at the Reference Desk upstairs
- By phone: (620) 340-6450 or (620) 340-6465
- Online through our Online Catalog (see below for details)
Request an Interlibrary Loan Item Online:
- Login to the EPL Online Catalog
- Click the "Reserves / Requests"
Click the "request" link
When you place a request, please remember these guidelines:
1. Submit only (1) Request per form
2. Try to be as specific as possible with your request so the correct item gets ordered
3. ILL items generally take 2-3 weeks to arrive at our library, please request your items as soon as possible to allow us time to fill your request
4.In order to borrow items for our patrons through this service, EPL must remain in good standing with other lending libraries by honoring their rules and due date. Please help by returning your interlibrary loan items on time.